Message from the Superintendent of Christ The Redeemer Catholic Schools – UPDATE from Alberta Health Services re: Novel Coronavirus
Dear Parents and Staff:
Please review the attached update from Alberta Health Services (AHS) regarding the Novel Coronavirus. AHS currently advises that the risk to public health in Alberta from the Novel Coronavirus remains low.
The Alberta Health Services letter states:
- There are no confirmed or probable cases of the 2019-nCoV in Alberta at this time.
- AHS is now recommending that individuals who have been in Hubei Province, China voluntarily self-isolate (stay at home, not going to school, work, or social gatherings), even if you are feeling well, until 14 days have passed from your last visit to Hubei province. See the attached information sheet on self-isolation.
- AHS also provides advice for anyone who has been to mainland China, but not Hubei Province.
- AHS asks that you do not make assumptions about the risk of others having novel coronavirus based on their ethnicity or country of origin.
In addition to following AHS’s direction, CTR will continue to take the following precautions:
- We will ensure this information is circulated and recirculated as necessary.
- Remind all students about normal precautions to take which include frequent handwashing, covering one’s mouth and nose when coughing, staying at home if feeling ill, and contacting a doctor or 811 Health Link if there are any questions or concerns about their health.
- Custodial staff at each school will increase the cleaning of washrooms and other surfaces.
- Continue to follow current processes for monitoring and reporting of unusual cases of illness and clusters of illness using their established Zone Public Health contacts.
The health and safety of our staff and students are priorities in CTR and we will continue to share any further updates from AHS as soon as they are made available.
Dr. Scott Morrison, Superintendent
Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools